Tax Season, ugh

Current Mood: Bored
Career Outlook: Looking Good
Job Title: Staff Accountant (2 yr)

Can I just say that taxes are so boring. A problem with my particular firm is that the partner does not let us do any tax interviews. So we are basically just doing data entry based off of the notes that he gives us. It could also be the fact that I really dont like taxes are slept through most of it in college.



Not sure how larger accounting firms are, but at small firms we seem to do a lot of random work. Some days I work on audit, other days I work on tax (during the months of Jan - April). The rest of the year is just pure audit. I'm beginning to miss the audit season a bit. Tax season is pretty nice because I don't have to rush to work (I show up around 830 or so) and then I leave around 5-530. The only person really stressed at this point is (of course) the partner. But I don't think a partner is allowed to NOT be stressed at any point in his/her career. I wonder if its easier to get to partner at a small CPA firm than a medium or larger firm.

7 comments: